Imagination, inspiration, and dedication to delivering a memorable experience for our clients and their guests lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s vision. Our Sous Chefs are an intricate part of our success. Our Sous Chefs use their culinary knowledge and talent to create new techniques and innovative food combinations, ensuring that our guests experience an exceptional dining experience.
The Classic Catering People is dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. We are one of the leading off premise full service and drop-off catering companies in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s vision of honoring food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques.
Our Sous Chef will be:
- Responsible for working together with the Executive Chef and other kitchen staff in order to meet production schedules and deadlines.
- Responsible for monitoring sanitation practices to ensure employees are following food safety standards and regulations.
- Responsible for cooking food to be served and checking the food temperatures to make sure they are complaint with food safety standards and regulations.
- Responsible for checking the quality of the food being served to ensure it meets Company standards and expectations.
- Responsible for keeping up on knowledge of food trends and new protocols and procedures in order to do their job.
- Must maintain working knowledge of kitchen operations.
- Responsible for assisting with the packing up, labeling and inventorying the food for events and at the end of the event and communicating to the appropriate parties for follow up when it arrives to the event or returns to the Commissary for proper storage and disposal.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the food being served, including ingredients and how it was prepared, in order to educate the serving staff should the guests have questions. Must act as a liaison between serving staff and guests in the instance of a food-related question or issue (i.e. potential food allergy).
- Exhibit the willingness and ability to work both in back of the house and front of house environments.
- Responsible for assisting with the appearance and stock of food, including displays, ensuring they are kept attractive and pristine at all times throughout the event.
- Responsible for working at the Commissary and at outside events.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in food preparation in a restaurant or dining facility environment, catering industry experience strongly preferred.
- ServSafe certification strongly preferred. If not certified must be willing to obtain certification at request of the Company.
- Working knowledge of food, food preparation and food/kitchen safety.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment required.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve situations for the best outcome for the Company and client; consult with others as appropriate/necessary.
- Professional demeanor, both with guests and co-workers.
- Be results driven and accepting of working in an ever-changing environment with the ability to be flexible in order to meet those needs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to be flexible with respect to work schedule in order to accommodate changes made to hours of operation in order to accommodate the needs of the organization during the different seasons.
- Have access to reliable transportation.