The Classic Catering People seeks an energetic, resourceful and highly motivated Director of Catering Sales to join our team. We are dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. The Classic Catering People is one of the leading off premise full service and drop- off catering companies in the Baltimore metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s respect for food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques. Our Director of Catering Sales will enjoy creating legendary client experiences while understanding the value of building lifelong relationships. At the Classic Catering People, we are dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of our guests, our associates and the communities we serve.
The Classic Catering People is dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. We are one of the leading off premise full service and drop-off catering companies in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s vision of honoring food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques.
To generate profitable sales, growth opportunities and valued partnerships with clients, vendors, venues and our community, through a knowledgeable and upbeat team-oriented sales group. This position works with our team of Account Executives and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Our Director of Catering Sales position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic, well-regarded off-premise catering company. We offer excellent team member benefits with a competitive salary.
- Foster a vibrant, positive, curious team; eager to embrace new opportunities
- Achieve the company’s annual budget goals
- Promote and maintain an environment that thrives on creating memorable service and practice enlightened hospitality
- Lead weekly or biweekly sales forums to encourage and inspire sales ideas, hone techniques and expand knowledge as well as relay company initiatives and new developments
- Work with the Sales Administrator, accounting, and owners to understand fluid pricing dynamics to enable our sales team to achieve targeted level of profitability
- Create guidelines for consistent proposals that represent our brand
- Assists with overall marketing strategy to maximize effectiveness such as social media, showcases and client reviews
- Proactively solicits multiple sources and leads for new events, partners, and venues
- Negotiates contracts with vendors for a variety of goods and services related to events planning
- Oversee the collective coordination of all event information and resources
- At least five years of proven experience in off premise catering sales or a hotel catering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have experience overseeing a sales team of 10-12 people
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a book of business via proven sales techniques, including cold calling
- Must possess strong artistic and creative abilities
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and able to accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours with access to reliable transportation