The Classic Catering People seeks an energetic, resourceful and highly motivated Event Coordinator to join our team. We are dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. The Classic Catering People is one of the leading off premise full service and drop- off catering companies in the Baltimore metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s respect for food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques. Our event Coordinator will enjoy creating legendary client experiences while understanding the value of building lifelong relationships. At the Classic Catering People, we are dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of our guests, our associates and the communities we serve.
Our Event Coordinator will work as a liaison ensuring communication is effective and timely between the Account Executives, Clients and Venue Representatives. Dedicated to creating a tailored and memorable experience based on our clients needs while delivering the highest standards in safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for assisting the Account Executives in imputing contract and menus maintaining and keeping clients files updated and current
- Responsible for following up and confirming final contracts, call times, floor plans, menus, linens, truck lists, staffing requirements and other event related details
- Assist with coordinating vendors and on-site party planning the day of the event
- Preparing bills, obtaining deposits and final payments
- Ensuring all event collateral is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Attending walk thru’s per the Account Executive needs
- Responsible for delivering a high level of customer service in order to maintain client satisfaction, retention and in order to generate referrals
- Responsible for partnering with the Account Executives, Chefs and other internal resources in order to execute high quality full-service events
- Primary responsible for executing special events from start to finish for clients; including, but not limited to coordination of vendors and on-site party planning the day of the event
- At least one year of proven experience in off premise catering sales or a hotel catering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess strong artistic and creative abilities
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and able to accommodate early mornings, daytime, nights, weekends and holiday hours with access to reliable transportation
Our Event Coordinator position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic, well-regarded off-premise catering company. We offer excellent team member benefits with a competitive salary.