DRIVE US TO THE PARTY!
The Classic Catering People are looking for drivers that will ensure the party starts on time and is fully equipped to guarantee all partygoers a good time. Starting pay is 25/hr. – Must have prior driver experience using commercial trucks and a clean driving record. We are looking to hire immediately to ensure the party never ends!
The Classic Catering People is dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. We are one of the leading off premise full service and drop-off catering companies in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s vision of honoring food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques.
The Driver is responsible for driving the trucks from the warehouse to the job site, unloading, working the event, reloading the truck and driving it back to the warehouse. Once at the event Drivers are required to work the events in a Server, Bartender or Chef capacity. As a member of the event staff team you are friendly, outgoing, and passionate about hospitality and possess good communication skills. A guest’s experience should be enjoyable and you play a major role in the overall picture; remember that consistency is a key element in a positive experience. A Driver is organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively in the moment while retaining self-composure. All event staff are sensitive and attentive to guest needs, always anticipating what they may want next.
- Responsible for providing direction to the team members assigned to assist with unloading and reloading the truck to ensure a smooth, organized and safe loading of the truck, ensuring nothing gets damaged.
- Responsible for working together with the Party Manager and event staff team at the end of the event to reload the truck, ensuring that you are not rushing the close of the event.
- Responsible for assisting with utility duties and setting up the back of the house (i.e. beverage station, tables, etc.).
- May be responsible for supervision of utility staff, depending upon the event.
- At least 2 years of experience driving large vans and 16 foot or larger box trucks.
- Must be willing to complete and pass a DOT physical as that is a requirement to drive Company trucks.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment required.
- Be at least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular and consistent basis.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.