WILL YOU BE OUR PARTY CHEF?
The Classic Catering People are looking for experienced Party Event Chefs that will join our team and play a vital role in off-premise catering events in the Baltimore area. Committed to preparing high quality food, maintaining safety and sanitation and will thrive in a supportive, energetic environment where the party never ends!
The Classic Catering People is dedicated to bringing people together over memorable cuisine. We are one of the leading off premise full service and drop-off catering companies in the Baltimore Metropolitan area. Imagination, craft and inspiration lie at the center of The Classic Catering People’s vision of honoring food traditions while embracing new tastes and techniques.
Party Event Chefs are responsible for exceeding the clients highest expectations through proper execution of their meal request. To ensure an enjoyable dining experience for the client and all their attendees.
The ideal candidate has:
- Responsible for working together with VP, Culinary, Owners, Sous Chefs and other kitchen staff in order to meet production schedules and deadlines
- Responsible for monitoring sanitation practices to ensure employees are following food safety standards and regulations
- Responsible for cooking food to be served and checking food temperatures to make sure they are compliant with food safety standards and regulations
- Responsible for checking the quality of the food being served to ensure it meets Company standards and expectations
- Responsible for assisting with the packing up, labeling and inventorying the food for events and at the end of the event and communicating to the appropriate parties for the follow up when it arrives to the event or returns to the Commissary for proper storage and disposal
- Responsible for assisting with the appearance and stock of food, including displays, ensuring they are kept attractive and pristine at all times throughout the event
- At least 4 years of experience in food preparation in a restaurant or dining facility environment, catering industry experience strongly preferred. Four of those years being in a supervisory role.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment required.
- Resolve situations for the best outcome for the Company and client.
- Be flexible with respect to work schedule in order to accommodate changes made to hours of operation in order to accommodate the needs of the organization during the different seasons.
- Professional, thoughtful, calm, positive-focused demeanor, both with guests and co-workers.